Periodontal diseases and other gum diseases can lead to loss of gum. Gum grafting is a surgical procedure where, the dentist will carefully place a small amount of new tissue in an area where no gum tissue exists.
This procedure usually helps prevent further gum recession and also covers exposed root surfaces. At our clinic, we offer gum tissue grafts. Get in touch with us now for more information or to book an appointment with our dentists, we are here to help you with all your dental needs.
Common Reasons For Gum Recessions Are:
- Periodontal disease
- Poor bite alignment
- Aggressively brushing of teeth
- Teeth grinding
- In some cases, you may genetically have less gum tissue
- Bad oral hygiene: Improper care of your oral hygiene can lead to loss of gum tissue. Incorrect brushing, using uncomfortable dentures, etc can contribute to gum recession.
What are the benefits of tissue grafting?
- It can prevent further gum recession and bone loss
- It will cover parts of the gums that are exposed
- Reduces tooth sensitivity
- Helps you smile confidently
- Can aid for placement of implant
What Is Gum Tissue Graft?
Gum tissue acts as a barrier that resists the adverse effects of eating, chewing and biting. Overtime our gums may recede. When the tooth’s roots lose healthy gum tissue, they become sensitive and causes extreme pain. Receded gums also make it easier for bacteria to enter the roots and eventually lead to loss of teeth.
At our clinic, our team will diagnose your condition, if you are detected with gum diseases, we can help. We offer gum tissue graft solutions. We will create a suitable plan to help restore the tissue. Our gum graft will help protect your teeth from the effects of gum recession. We are a trusted clinic with many years of experience, we will ensure that you get quality treatment at all times.
What Needs To Be Done After Gum Tissue Grafting?
Adequate care must be taken after your gum tissue surgery, the success of the surgery depends on the post care as well.
- It is essential not to strain your gums, so it advisable to eat only soft and cool foods like yogurt, well-cooked vegetables. Eating hard food can irritate the graft.
- Please refrain from heavy workouts for a few days
- If you have pain, please ask our dentist to prescribe pain killers
- Do not floss or brush the gum
- Rinse your mouth
How Can We Prevent Gum Diseases?
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Use a fluoride toothpaste
- Floss daily
- Rinse once or twice a day with mouthwash
- Meet our dentist for professional check-ups
- Eat a well-balanced and healthy diet.
- Quit smoking
Trusted Dental Clinic
We are a trusted dental clinic with many years of experience, over the years we have helped a number of patients smile confidently with our services and treatments. All our treatments are affordably priced. To know more about our gum tissue grafts in Red Deer, please call us now.
Looking for gum tissue grafts in Red Deer? Call us now.