There is never a good time to have a dental emergency, but when you do, it is comforting to know that you have an emergency dentist available to treat you.
Dental emergencies can happen at any time day or night – they don’t just happen during regular office hours. But at 52nd Street Dental, our emergency line is available 24/7. We can quickly help you access whether the issue is an emergency – and if it is, we’ll be able to get you in to see our emergency dentist right away.
Types of dental emergencies may include serious infections as well trauma caused to the mouth and teeth such as an accident, sports injury, or even biting down too hard on that un-popped kernel of popcorn!
Whatever your emergency is, we are here to serve you!
General Dentist in Red Deer Welcomes you
At 52nd Street Dental, our on-call emergency dental team is here to ensure that your dental emergencies are handled quickly and with the utmost professionalism. We offer a full range of services to ensure that dental emergencies are treated and not become worse.
How can an Emergency Dentist Help you?
We are able to help you with all types of dental emergencies, the most common being:
- Abscessed tooth – this can cause severe jaw pain and toothache and possibly fever, swelling, difficulty swallowing and a sour taste in the mouth. An abscessed tooth may require an emergency root canal, drainage, or antibiotics.
- Broken or cracked tooth – if you have a broken tooth, be sure to rinse with warm water. You may then apply a cold compress which will help to reduce swelling.
- Knocked out tooth – pick up the tooth by the crown (try not to touch the root) – if you can, try an put the tooth back in the socket. If you cannot do this, either hold the tooth between your cheek and gum or place it into a container of milk. Apply a wet, cold compress if there is any bleeding.
- Soft tissue injury – severe cuts to the tongue or lip may require stitches but rarely requires an emergency dentist.
- Aching or bleeding gums – this may be caused by periodontal disease and in extreme cases, may require an emergency dentist.
It is important to remember that not all dental incidents are dental emergencies. For example, if you lose a filling or if you have a dental appliance that breaks, this would not be considered an emergency. If you are unsure of whether your issue constitutes an emergency, we encourage you to call our emergency line and find out. It is always better to be safe than sorry!
Why should you choose Us as your General dentist in Red Deer?
Most people see their dentist at least every six months, but there are times when an emergency dentist might be needed. Our dentists in Red Deer can help you by alleviating pain, repairing broken or knocked out teeth or providing you with antibiotics to fight infection.
When you have a dental emergency, the team at 52nd Street Dental is here for you!Ge