A dental crown is a tooth-shaped crown or cap that is placed over a tooth that has been treated or cavities or cracks. This crown helps cover the tooth and restore its shape and size, strength. It can also help improve the appearance of your teeth. You can rely on us to offer quality dental crowns. Our crowns are durable and seamlessly blend with the rest of your teeth. For more information or to book an appointment with our dentist, please get in touch with us now, our team serves patients in and around Red Deer.
Why do you need a dental crown?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- If you have a severely damaged teeth or have treated it, it may be essential to place a crown over it to provide it more strength and stability.
- To restore an already broken tooth
- To restore a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover a tooth with a large filling
- To help hold a dental bridge in place
- For cosmetic modification
What are the different types of crowns?
At our clinic, we offer crowns made of various materials such as stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic and more.
Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns: These crowns can be customized to match the adjacent teeth. These crowns can be a good choice for front or back teeth.
Stainless steel crowns: These are prefabricated crowns. This crown protects the tooth or filling while your permanent crown is made from another material. Stainless steel crowns are used for children’s teeth, these crowns are cost- effective when compared to custom-made crowns.
Metal crowns: These crowns are made of gold or platinum, or base-metal alloys. These crowns are renowned for their durability and can withstand biting and chewing forces well. They rarely chip or break.
All-resin dental crowns: They are less expensive than other crowns. However, they wear down over time and are more prone to fractures when compared to porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns.
All-ceramic or all-porcelain dental crowns: These crowns provide better natural color and match the rest of your teeth; they are ideal for people with metal allergies.
What can you expect when getting a crown?
Dental crowns can be permanently place over your teeth in about two visits
- During your first visit, we will guide you about the various crown options available, the choice depends on the crown’s placement, your bite and your gum tissue.
- During the visit we will trim down the damaged tooth and make sure that the crown can be placed over it.
- We will take the impression for the crown and send it to a dental lab that’ll prepare your crown.
- During your second visit, we will remove the temporary crown and fit the permanent one, we will ask you to check if you are comfortable with the teeth or it needs any adjustment. If you are comfortable the dentist will glue the crown on.
How can you take care of your crowns?
With good care, your dental crowns can last you a lifetime. Eat soft food, floss and brush your teeth regularly. Use toothbrush that cleans your back molars and schedule regular checkups with your dentist. Please make sure that you get a professional teeth cleaning done twice a year.
If your crown becomes loose, falls out, please visit our clinic immediately. Our team of dentists will help fix it back for you. We are a trusted clinic with years of experience, you can rest assured that you are getting quality services.
Are you looking for dental crowns in red deer? Look no further and call us now!