If your teeth are seriously damaged due to cavities, we can help. We offer root canal therapy. Root canal is a treatment that can help repair damaged and infected tooth. Root canal therapy is performed by our dentist when the pulp composed of nerves and blood vessels become infected. During root canal therapy, we will carefully remove the pulp, clean the teeth and seal it.
Most people fear root canals as they assume it is painful, our team will ensure that the procedure is as pain free as possible. To know more about our services or to book an appointment with us, please get in touch with us now. We will be happy to help you with all your needs. We serve Red Deer.
When Do We Need To Get A Root Canal Therapy?
There are several signs that you need a root canal therapy, they are:
- Severe toothache pain
- Prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Discoloration of the tooth
- Swelling in nearby gums
- Recurring pimple on the gums
Benefits of root canal therapy
Root canal treatment is essential to save your damaged infected teeth. There are many reasons why saving the natural tooth is the best choice. It helps you maintain your natural smile; eat food you love and limit extensive dental work. With good care root canal treatment can last you a lifetime.
Root canal treatment is painless procedure. Our team of dentist will undertake the treatment only under the influence of anaesthesia.
Effective And Affordable
Root canal is a relatively affordable treatment, most dental insurance plans cover such dental treatments.
Blends With Real Teeth
Crowns function like natural teeth, they look and feel like real teeth and seamlessly blend in.
The Root Canal Therapy Procedure
Root canal therapy requires more than one visit to the dental clinic. This procedure will be performed by our professional dentists. We will take an X-ray to see the shape of the root canals and check for signs of infection. We will use local anaesthesia to numb the area, drill a hole into the tooth, remove infected area and debris, we will then sterilize the area and seal it with the filling. We will then place a crown over it to provide it more strength and restore its shape. Call us now for details.
How Can You Prevent Root Canal Treatment?
- Brush 2 times and day
- Floss your teeth daily
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for a check-up
- If our dentist tells you have an infected tooth, please book yourself an appointment and get it filled immediately.
Complications Of Root Canal Therapy
Despite our dentist’s efforts, new infections may emerge. Some of the common reasons for complications in a root canal are:
- An undetected crack in the root of a tooth
- Inadequate dental restoration that has led to recontamination of the area
- A breakdown of the sealing material
If you are looking for root canal therapy in Red Deer, please look no further and get in touch with our dentists now. We will be happy to help you with all your needs.
What Is A Root Canal? Is There Any Reliable Alternative Treatment To It?
If you are suffering from cavities and your tooth are severely damaged, then root canal can be perfect for you. Root canal treatment is designed to help you get rid of bacteria from the infected root canal, this prevents reinfection and also helps restore your damaged tooth.
During the root canal therapy, the infected pulp is removed, your teeth is carefully cleaned and disinfected. This tooth is then sealed, after few days the dentist will place a customized crown over it to help restore its shape strength and size. At out clinic, we offer ROOT CANAL THERAPY.
What Is Root Canal?
A root canal is performed when the pulp is inflamed or infected. During the procedure the dentist will remove the soft centre of the tooth. A root canal treatment will be undertaken by anendodontist.
Common Causes Of Damage To The Pulp Include:
- Abscess formation
- Pus coming from the gums
- Severe tooth ache
- Difficulty is chewing
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food
- Deep decay
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Multiple dental procedures on the same tooth
Our dentist will examine your tooth, take X-rays to confirm the diagnosis and then suggest a suitable dental treatment for the same.
What Happens During Root Canal Treatment?
At our clinic, we understand that most of us associate pain with root canal treatments. There’s no need to be worried, root canal procedure is ideal to help treat damaged tooth. This procedure helps our dentists save teeth, relieve pain and make them healthy again. We will administer anaesthesia to ensure that you feel no pain and minimal discomfort during the procedure. Our team of friendly dentists will take utmost care to ensure that you feel at ease. Get in touch with us now for more information. We will be happy to help you with all your requirements.
What Are The Advantages Of Root Canal Treatment?
- Efficient chewing
- Natural appearance
- Protects teeth from excessive wear or strain
- Helps reduce sensitivity in your teeth
Alternative For Root Canal
- Tooth extraction: Here the entire tooth is removed. This is only recommended in cases your tooth is severely damaged.
- Dental implants: This is a surgical procedure, here the dentist will drill into your jawbone. After the area heals, an implant is placed over it.
- Dental bridge: Here an artificial tooth is fitted on the neighbouring teeth.
- Removable partial denture: An artificial tooth is secured by fixtures placed on theneighbouring teeth.
Can You Prevent A Root Canal?
Practicing good oral hygiene can help you prevent root canal and other dental issues. Some of the common best practices are:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Clean between your teeth by using dental floss
- Cut down intake of sugar, coffee etc
- Visit a dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings